Visit Tucson Departments Overview
The Visit Tucson staff is passionate about working with our Partners and Tourism Supporters to promote Tucson & Southern Arizona! We encourage your participation in Visit Tucson programs. To help you make the most of your Partnership, here's a quick recap of staff responsibilities, department-by-department.
Front Desk: 520-624-1817
Visitor Center Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., weekends starting September 2, 2017. Weekend hours will be Sat & Sun 9 am - 4 pm.
If you need further assistance, please contact the appropriate member of our staff below or fill out the Contact Form.
Brent DeRaad, President & CEO
Connecting You with Convention, Tour, & Sports Event Planners
Convention & Group Sales
Graeme Hughes, Vice President, Sales
Convention & Group Sales staff promote the Tucson area as a premier destination for group meetings, conventions, and events. Six experienced staff generate leads within geographic regions and vertical markets (religious, military, reunions, incentive travel) within North America.
Convention & Group Sales staff:
- Generate meeting leads via an active database, live accounts, and inbound travel experiences.
- Conduct targeted sales presentations via specific trade show participation and sales missions.
- Collaborate with Partner businesses to create programs for new markets and opportunities.
Jane Roxbury, Director
Convention Services staff assists over 400 convention and meeting planners annually to ensure a seamless and positive experience for all attendees.
Convention Services staff:
- Promote Partner businesses, wherever possible, for services requested by meeting planners.
- Provide promotional support, online guides, logistical information, guidance on service providers, staffed information centers, Voluntourism experiences and artist trunk shows.
- Share and showcase Visit Tucson's online itineraries, calendar of events and destination e-brochure.
- Provide promotion, support, and assistance in all aspects of annual Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase.
Travel/Trade Group Tourism
Jackie Ludwig, Director
Visit Tucson's Tourism Department works with tour operators, travel wholesalers, travel agents, group tour companies, and airlines in domestic and international markets.
- Place Tucson and Southern-Arizona based tour packages in US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, and Italy.
- Create direct-to-consumer promotions in niche markets.
- Work with Partners to create unique packages, itineraries, and in-person familiarization tours.
Jeffrey John, Sports Manager
Visit Tucson's Tucson Sports Division promotes Tucson, Oro Valley and Southern Arizona for amateur sports events and sports-related meetings.
Tucson Sports staff:
- Target national governing bodies of sports associations and organizing committees of major sporting events.
- Connect Visit Tucson's core sports Partners with sports coordinators.
- Provide industry consultation to Partner facility operators.
Lee McLaughlin, Senior Director of Marketing
Visit Tucson's Marketing Department and in-house advertising agency develop and execute multi-media advertising campaigns designed to increase awareness of, and travel to, Tucson and Southern Arizona.
Marketing Department staff:
- Engage in print, broadcast, out-of-home, direct mail, and digital and social networks in national, international, regional and local levels via paid, owned and earned media.
- Showcase our key ‘destination drivers' (Attractions & The Arts, Culinary, Events, Golf, Heritage & Culture, Accommodations and Outdoor Adventure & Nature) via the "Free Yourself" brand.
- Expand use of new marketing technologies (QR codes, mobile phone apps, e-brochures).
- Drive traffic to VisitTucson.org website through ALL marketing channels to brand our destination and highlight partners, events and trip planning and mapping features on more than 10,000 pages of web content.
Mary Rittmann, Senior Director of Public & Community Relations
Dan Gibson, Director of Communications
Public Relations department staff creates awareness of Tucson and Southern Arizona among travel media via traditional marketing methods, social media, and technology. Our staff works with travel journalists to place stories in local, national and international markets.
Public Relations staff:
- Manage online Major Events and Community Events calendars and produce Partner e-newsletter.
- Conduct familiarization tours to showcase Tucson and Southern Arizona to travel writers emphasizing Partner businesses.
Vanessa Bechtol, Senior Director of Community Partnerships
Laurie J. White, CTA, Partner Services & Events Manager
Cindy Aguilar, Partner Relations & Services Manager
Nick Pazzi, Partner Relations Manager
Partnership department staff create customized partnerships for local businesses based on unique marketing opportunities and Partner-only benefits. The department provides tourism-related monthly lunches, educational sessions, networking events and quarterly orientations.
- Work as liaisons to Visit Tucson programs and encourage Partner involvement in and sponsorship of Partner activities and events.
- Manage Partner business information within crm database, Visit Tucson website, and annual dues/optional benefits.
Promoting to Leisure Travelers, Film Crews and Visitors from Mexico
Tucson Visitor Center
Visitor Center Supervisor
The Tucson Visitor Center is staffed by one full-time, five part-time employees and nearly 30 volunteers. Promoting Visit Tucson Partners is the #1 priority when assisting visitors with suggestions for accommodations, attractions, dining, shopping, and tours.
Tucson Visitor Center staff and volunteers:
- Provide direct referrals to Visit Tucson Partners based on visitor requests for information.
- Manage distribution of Partner brochures, backlit ad spaces, and unique merchandise.
Hours: Mon - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm, weekends starting September 2, 2017. Weekend hours will be Sat. & Sun. 9 am - 4 pm.
Located on the Northwest Corner of Euclid Ave. and University Blvd.
811 N. Euclid Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85719
Call toll-free (800) 638-8350
Tucson Film Office
Shelli Hall, Director
Visit Tucson's Tucson Film Office markets the area to motion picture/television and commercial advertising production companies as a location for filming and photo projects.
Tucson Film Office staff:
- Provide location scouting, public and private sector liaison and facilitation services.
- Conduct promotional pitches to industry decision-makers to encourage the selection of Tucson.
- Support local film industry partners and participate in local film festivals and industry events.
Strategic Partnerships & Mexico Marketing
J. Felipe Garcia, Executive Vice President
The Mexico Marketing staff conducts marketing programs to position Tucson and Southern Arizona as the destination of choice for Mexican visitors. Staff provides liaison assistance to community organizations, business development contacts and key tourism officials in Mexico and the US.
See our digital brochure (PDF) to learn how to work with Visit Tucson to promote your business in Mexico.
Strategic Partnerships & Mexico Marketing staff:
- Manage Tucson Visitor Center located in Hermosillo, Mexico, booking over 20,000 room nights.
- Provides "Mexico Ready" program to Visit Tucson Partners and economic impacts of Mexican visitors.
Talk to Tucson!
If you have a general question for our team, or you're not sure who to contact above, please fill out the form below and the appropriate person will contact you soon.