Festival to Feature Tamal Contest, Food Vendors, Local Entertainment & Artisans
WHEN: Saturday, December 2, 2023
WHERE: AVA Amphitheater
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
Tucson, AZ. 85757
- Celebrate the rich tastes, smells and variations of tamales from the Southwest & Mexico at the 18th Tucson Tamal & Heritage Festival! Held every year on the first Saturday of December at Casino Del Sol’s AVA Amphitheater, this festival has become a Tucson tradition, marking the beginning of the holiday season.
- Join more than 10,000 attendees of all ages on December 2nd from 10am-5pm at AVA Amphitheater for this free open to the public event.
- Enjoy live local entertainment including; Tejano Acts, Folklorico groups, Aztec Dancers, Mariachis & Pascua Yaqui Tribe Cultural Dancers.
- Indulge in delicious tamales, fry bread, tacos, burritos, kettle corn, churros & aguas frescas just to name a few.
- Shop for unique gifts from Artisan Vendors selling beadwork, jewelry, blankets, artwork, paintings & woodwork; Farmers Market Vendors with jams, hats, soaps, shirts, chiles & more.
- The event will be fun for the whole family.
- And of course, don’t miss the celebrated tamal contest. The contest is determined by more than 50 Judges in 4 categories: Traditional, Corn, Gourmet & Sweet. Cash prizes from $150 to $500 are given for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category, with the top prize of $750 going to the Best tamal winner.
- This unique event provides participants with an opportunity to raise funds for their organizations, households or communities as vendors.
- For more information about the Tamal Fest, to learn how to become a vendor or to enter the tamal contest, visit: https://www.casinodelsol.com/event/18th-tamal-festival.
- Tamal contest begins at 12pm & winners will be announced at 4pm on stage.
- Vendors with delicious food including many varieties of tamales.
- Cultural entertainers that will showcase dance performances & music groups.
- Display of arts & handmade crafts
On-site contact: Veronica Vasquez
Media inquiries: Shanay Wade
Hispanic Media: Laura Sepulveda
Casino Del Sol: Located in southwest metropolitan Tucson, Az. The Pascua Yaqui Tribe is a federally recognized Tribe with more than 20,000 enrolled members. The Tribe owns & operates several enterprises including Casino Del Sol, a AAA Four Diamond casino resort & one of the best hotels in Arizona named by U.S. News & World Report; Casino of the Sun; Estrella at Casino Del Sol, a 151-room hotel; AVA Amphitheater, a 5,000-seat outdoor concert venue named Casino Arena/Amphitheater of the Year by Casino Entertainment Awards; Sewailo Golf Club, a par-72 championship course designed by Notah Begay III; & the Del Sol Marketplace. For more information, call 1-855-SOL-STAY (765-7829) or visit www.CasinoDelSol.com. Follow Casino Del Sol on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.