Visit Tucson Board of Directors
Visit Tucson's mission is to drive economic development by connecting visitors with their ideal travel & meetings experiences in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Visit Tucson is financially supported by the City of Tucson, Pima County, the Town of Oro Valley and more than 400 individual and business partners. See how Tourism Powers Southern Arizona.
2018-19 Board Of Directors
Carol Blomstrand, CEO - Trumpet Social Media
Dan Cavanagh, Consultant - Lloyd Construction
John Denker, Senior Director of Marketing - University of Arizona
Glenn Grabski, General Manager - Tucson Convention Center
Steve Rosenberg, Owner & Publisher - BizTucson Magazine
Ghee Alexander, Senior Vice President of Operations, Prism Hotels & Resorts
Laura Cortelyou, President - Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance
Neil Shah, Owner & General Manager - Best Western Plus Royal Sun
Andrew Stegen, General Manager - Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa
Laura True, Owner - White Stallion Ranch
Charles Wetegrove, Past President - Southern Arizona Lodging & Resort Association
Members at Large
2018-19 board meetings will be held at 7:30 a.m. on the dates listed below in the Apache/Cochise Rooms of the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave. Free parking is available to you in Lot A, which can be accessed off of Church Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Broadway.
2018-19 executive committee meetings will be held at 4 p.m. on the dates listed below at BeachFleischman, 1985 E. River Rd.
Next Board Meeting Date & Agenda
Visit Tucson Board Meeting
Thursday, August 23, 2018
Tucson Convention Center, Apache/Cochise Rooms, 260 S. Church Ave
- Call to order—Russ Bond
- Welcome new Visit Tucson board members—Russ Bond
- Thank you to departing board member Marion Hook—Brent DeRaad
- Review and approval of minutes of June 21, 2018 board meeting—Russ Bond
- Review and approval of July 2018 financial statement—Nancy Kluge
- Update on Visit Tucson’s 2017-18 financial performance and audit—Roni Thomas
- 2017-18 Visit Tucson and metro Tucson performance recap and discussion—Brent DeRaad
- 2018-19 Visit Tucson priorities overview and discussion—Brent DeRaad
- Executive Vice President’s report—Felipe Garcia
- President’s report—Brent DeRaad
- Tucson Airport Authority update—Lisa Lovallo and Bonnie Allin, Tucson Airport Authority; presentation is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Completion of President’s report (if needed)—Brent DeRaad
- New business—Russ Bond
- Adjourn—Russ Bond
Future Board Meeting Dates
- August 23, 2018
- October 18, 2018
- December 13, 2018
- February 7, 2019 *
- April 18, 2019
- June 20, 2019
2018-19 board meetings will be held at 7:30 a.m. on the dates listed in the Apache/Cochise Rooms of the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave. Free parking is available to you in Lot A, which can be accessed off of Church Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Broadway.
*Indicates full-day board retreat, location TBD.
Future Executive Committee Meeting Dates
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 9, 2018
- December 4, 2018
- January 8, 2019
- February 5, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- June 11, 2019
2018-19 executive committee meetings will be held at 4 p.m. on the dates listed BeachFleischman, 1985 E. River Rd.