February 22, 2020 - April 25, 2020
Family Adventure Fourth Saturdays at Presidio Museum
Phone: (520) 622-0594
Time: From: 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Admission: This activity is included with admission or membership. General Public: $5. Children 6-14 years: $1. Children 5 and under: FREE. Presidio Trust Members: FREE.
At the Tucson Presidio Museum, we believe that "living history" is the most entertaining and most moving form of education for our young visitors - and their families! This Fourth Saturday program includes:
- A tour of the Presidio grounds the Presidio barracks and original foundation wall, the millstone and the mural
- A blacksmithing or tinsmithing activity
- An interactive activity that incorporates a lesson about Tucsons history and culture.
- A story and a coloring activity that encourages children to express what they have learned.
- Attendees may arrive any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. to participate.
The Presidio San Agustín del Tucson Museum is a re-creation of the Tucson Presidio built in 1775. Visitors travel back in time to learn about life as early Tucsonans would have lived it. Docent tours discuss life in the Santa Cruz Valley for early Native Americans, Presidio residents and Territorial Period settlers. See the archaeological remains of a pit house, walk along the original Presidio wall and experience a 150-year-old classic Sonoran Row house. (Photo by Downtown Tucson Partnership).
This event is included with the regular, general admission fee and occurs on the fourth Saturday of every month, October through April.