Visit Tucson Board of Directors
Visit Tucson's mission is to drive economic development by connecting visitors with their ideal travel & meetings experiences in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Visit Tucson is financially supported by the City of Tucson, Pima County, the Town of Oro Valley and more than 400 individual and business partners. See how Tourism Powers Southern Arizona.
2018-19 Board Of Directors
Carol Blomstrand, CEO - Trumpet Social Media
Dan Cavanagh, Consultant - Lloyd Construction
Glenn Grabski, General Manager - Tucson Convention Center
Steve Rosenberg, Owner & Publisher - BizTucson Magazine
Ghee Alexander, Senior Vice President of Operations, Prism Hotels & Resorts
Laura Cortelyou, President - Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance
Neil Shah, Owner & General Manager - Best Western Plus Royal Sun
Andrew Stegen, General Manager - Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa
Laura True, Owner - White Stallion Ranch
Charles Wetegrove, Past President - Southern Arizona Lodging & Resort Association
Members at Large
2018-19 board meetings will be held at 7:30 a.m. on the dates listed below in the Apache/Cochise Rooms of the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave. Free parking is available to you in Lot A, which can be accessed off of Church Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Broadway.
2018-19 executive committee meetings will be held at 4 p.m. on the dates listed below at BeachFleischman, 1985 E. River Rd.
Next Board Meeting Date & Agenda
Visit Tucson Board Meeting
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Location: Tucson Convention Center, Apache/Cochise Rooms, 260 S. Church Avenue
- Call to order—Russ Bond
- Review and approval of Consent Agenda—Russ Bond (5 minutes)
- Minutes of Oct. 18, 2018 board meeting
- November 2018 financial statement
- Executive Vice President’s report
- President’s report
- Legislative update—Barry Aarons (20 minutes)
- Visit Tucson bylaws discussion and possible action—Brent DeRaad (10-15 minutes)
- Fill open Visit Tucson board seat discussion and possible action—Richard Bratt (5 minutes)
- Visit Tucson’s 2018-19 marketing and communications plan update—Lee McLaughlin and Mary Rittmann (15 minutes)
- Visit Tucson’s 2018-19 sales plan update—Graeme Hughes (10 minutes)
- Board small-group discussion and report-out of how they prioritize sales strategies—All (15 minutes discussion, 10 minutes report-out)
- New business—Russ Bond
- Adjourn—Russ Bond
Future Board Meeting Dates
- February 7, 2019 *
- April 18, 2019
- June 20, 2019
2018-19 board meetings will be held at 7:30 a.m. on the dates listed in the Apache/Cochise Rooms of the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave. Free parking is available to you in Lot A, which can be accessed off of Church Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Broadway.
*Indicates full-day board retreat, location TBD.
Future Executive Committee Meeting Dates
- January 8, 2019
- February 5, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- June 11, 2019
2018-19 executive committee meetings will be held at 4 p.m. on the dates listed BeachFleischman, 1985 E. River Rd.