SATURDAY, JUNE 17
FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND
Embark on a culinary marathon of Tucson's delectable Mexican restaurants on Saturday, June 17, at 6 PM at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa.
No matter what, bring your appetite and sense of adventure and go the distance in Tucson's 23 miles of Mexican food! THE BEST 23 MILES OF MEXICAN FOOD HERE
The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance partners with title sponsor Visit Tucson and the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. The event will feature weekend stay-cation packages, food demos and education, live music and more.
TICKETS $49 EACH
All tickets include menu samplings, food and libations from participating restaurants and exhibitors, as well as access to all activities, including pre-event Tequila Toast. All ages event. Tickets anticipated to sell out. Purchase your tickets in advance to ensure availability. Tickets are available for purchase until sold out. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
TUCSON 23 FEATURED MENUS
- Reforma Modern Mexican Mezcal + Tequila - Carnitas Tacos with habanero salsa, pickled onion served on a corn tortilla
- Elvira's On Congress - Duck Confit tacos with Pineapple Salsa Fresca, pickled red onion and duck cracklins on a corn tortilla paired with Eric Harding's Smoke Roasted Pineapple Margarita
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn - Various flavors of artisan popcorn highlighting flavors of the Southwest
- Dos Equis - Dos Equis Ambar, Dos Equis Lager, Tecate Light, Bohemia
- Barrio Brewing - Barrio Blonde , Barrio Rojo, Barrio Citrazona
- Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine Tequila - Silver tequila taste with mango, Reposado tequila taste with cheese, Añejo tequila taste with chocolate
- El Cisne Cocina de Mexico - Tacos del Salmon
- Queen Ceviche - Organic Hibiscus Margarita
- Rigo's Restaurant - Birria, Rice , Beans paired with a Paloma Margarita
- Fermented Tea Company - Various flavors of kombucha including Prickly Pear, Tropical Mango, Ginger Zest, Mochabucha
- El Charro Cafe - Shrimp Tinga
- Sir Veza's Taco Garage - Chips, Salsa and Guacamole
- Charro Steak- Summer steak salad with chicharron
- Gringo Grill + Cantina -Carnitas "egg roll" with pepita-peanut sauce
- The Heartmade Company - Sonoran artisan flour tortillas
- Omni Tucson National - Seafood Tamale, Tomatillo Crema, Sweet Corn Coulis, Chile Oil & Pork Rind Cracklings and a Seafood Mousseline, filled with Bay Scallops, Shrimp & Salmon
- Churros El Rey - Various flavors of signature including churro bites with cinnamon and sugar, caramel, chocolate, strawberry, cream cheese, lemon pie or condensed milk or Churro bites with any two flavors and vanilla ice cream
- Crossroads Restaurant -Traditional Sonoran Red Chile Beef served with refried beans, rice and tortillas
- Quench - Day of the Dead Beer
- Restaurant Sinaloa - Ceviche and Micheladas
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. - Otra Vez, Tropical Torpedo IPA
- El Coronado Family Restaurant - Salsa and rolled tacos
- Perfectos Mexican Restaurant - Birria Tamales and Mini chimis
- Pima Community College - Culinary Arts - "Abuelitas Dulce Arroz" or "Granny's Sweet Rice" Abuelita Chocolate Ganache with Creme Brulee rice with milk topped with caramelized almonds with brown sugar, and galletitas
- El Merendero - Chicharrones de camarón - Fried Shrimps served with a tangy soy lime mayo
- La Estrella Bakery - Mini Empanada, Mini Cochito (gingerbread pig cookie), Mini Banderas (Mexican Flag cookies), Mini Orejas, Mini Coyotas, Mini Chimichangas, Mini Niños Envueltos, Mini Yoyos, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Mini Pan Fino
- La Botana Taco Grill – Fresh chips and salsa
- Seis Kitchen - Cochinita Pibil Street Taco, featuring a Handmade corn tortilla topped with Achiote-Roasted Pork, Seis-style chipotle crema, chopped cilantro, red onion and queso fresco.
PRE-EVENTS @ THE JW
As part of the celebration, the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass will be hosting several events throughout the weekend. To participate in the included events, please sign up during the reservation process and present your Tucson 23 tickets for access to the activity.
Celebrity Chef Dinner
June 16, 2017
Start of the Tucson 23 festivities on Friday night with a thoughtfully crafted experience with two of Tucson's greatest chefs in this incredibly intimate environment for the celebration of food. Dinner will include access to the VIP section of Salud's infamous toast, the Legend of Arriba Abajo. Reservations for this exclusive dinner can only be made by calling Signature Grill Restaurant at 520-791-6064. Priced at $40.00+ Per Person.
Authentic Father's Day Mexican Brunch
June 18, 2017
10 AM - 1:00 PM Salud Lobby Lounge
Celebrating Mexican cultural traditions, this authentic brunch will feature classic dishes influenced by the rich heritage and vision of the culinary minds at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass. Advanced purchase is required through the reservation process and is $35.00++ per person.
Bunker-to-Bunker Golf Tournament
JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa Father's Day Weekend
Bunker to Bunker Play and Stay Charity Golf Tournament Series
The JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and Spa (Tucson Mountain Foothills)
Friday, June 16, 2017
(Optional Practice Round )
Saturday June 17, 2017
Format:Two Person Scramble
$109-$169/night SPECIAL RESORT RATE
Celebrate Father's Day Weekend at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. Book a Hotel Stay and use code MEMBER to purchase your TUCSON 23 tickets for 10% off
STAY & PLAY with TUCSON 23 Resort Rates from $109 - $169 for weekend packages.
Resort Guests will receive additional Tucson 23 weekend benefits, including access to culinary demonstrations and education classes: Mexican Pastries, Ceviche, Tequila & Mezcal, Masa Tortilla-Making, etc.
$109//night *2 Night Minimum* Standard Resort Guest Room Check In June 16 – Check Out June 18
$159/night *1 Night* Standard Resort Guest Room Check In June 17 – Check Out June 18
USD 159.00 Average nightly rate + Taxes & Fees
The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the creation, preservation and advancement of the arts and providing new opportunities and leadership for the arts to transform people, communities and the daily lives of individuals everywhere.
- # # # -