Find freedom to ride, on or off the road.
Calling All Passionate Pedalers
Whether you're training for competition or looking to take on some serious mountain bike trails or simply seek to cruise along leisurely, Tucson is perfect for people who prefer to see the world on two wheels.
Amazing opportunities for both mountain biking and road biking are around every corner and with hundreds of miles of trails and bike routes, riders of all levels can easily get their fix. And if you'd like a more customized cycling experience, check out our options for Cycling Day Trips.
Everyone likes to get on The Loop, a 100-plus-mile, car-free multi-use path linking parks, communities and retail centers throughout the metro area and Pima County. Plus, our city's famously sunny and dry weather means just about any time is right for a ride. It's no wonder Tucson is consistently ranked as one of the top U.S. cycling cities.
Video: Tucson's Loop, 100 Miles and Growing
Tucson in the News for Cycling
- The Economist's online magazine, 1843 put's Tucson's Mt. Lemmon at the top of The Seven Best Rides in the World
- Tucson is listed as one of the Best U.S. Cycling Towns in USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice travel awards poll
- Fox News Travel lists The Loop in Tucson as one of America's Best City Bike Paths
- USA Today named Tucson as one of the Top-10 mountain bike destinations in the country
- Walkscore.com ranks Tucson as the #8 Most Bikeable Large City in the U.S.
- Outside Online lists Tucson as one of the top ten "outside" bike towns
- The Travel Channel lists Tucson as a Top Ten Cycling City in the U.S.
- USA Today Travel lists Tucson as One of Ten Great Places for City Cycling
Video: Tucson to Launch Bike Share Program
Cycling Resources & Organizations
Featured You Might Also Like
Mountain Bike Mecca Tucson has been hard at work crafting it's own unique cycling culture for decades, and when it comes to Mountain Biking there's... Read More
Hitting the Road Tucson and cycling go together like spokes and hubs, like pressfit bearings and bottom brackets, like LeMond and the color yellow -... Read More
WTC - Winter Training Capital
Space, Sun and Everything You Need Tucson is a top-ranked Winter Training Capital. Is that because the sun shines 350 days a year here? Or... Read More