Awards, Accolades & Anniversaries
Recognition for Tucson's travel industry, accolades for jobs well-done & anniversaries of tourism partners.
Tucson Destination & Visit Tucson Partners
- Travel + Leisure list Tucson in The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2021, highlights Tucson's new boutique hotel offerings such as The Tuxon and JTH Tucson (property formerly known as Posada) as well as spa resorts like Miraval and Canyon Ranch. It also mentions Ball-Paylore House the forthcoming Bike Ranch, December 2020.
- Tucson was named to a list ranking “The 10 US Cities Best Positioned to Recover from Coronavirus,” based on population density, spacious environments, existing exposure to COVID-19, and a forecasted migration away from heavily urbanized coasts, from a Moody's Analytics report covered in Forbes, May 2020.
- Tucson named to list of "The Best Arizona Cities To Visit During The Christmas Season," by Travel Awaits, October 2019. The Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair and Tucson's typically sunny days are highlighted.
- Tucson ranks one of the "25 Most Fun Cities in America," with scoring based on entertainment and recreation, nightlife and parties and cost factors, according to a WalletHub.com report featured in USA Today Travel.
- Tucson named Arizona's coolest city in "The Coolest City to Visit in Each State," The Discoverer travel blog, August 2019: "Local wineries, craft breweries, delectable southwestern cuisine and a thriving and innovative art scene pack the already naturally-gorgeous Tucson with even more reasons to visit.
- Tucson ranks among "7 Fantastic Cities That Could Be America's Next "It" Vacation Spots," TripAdvisor, August 2019: "For the adventurous travelers among us looking for a new favorite city to explore, we present to you 7 up-and-coming US cities ready to claim their share of the spotlight as top-tier destinations.
- #2 Best Places/Towns to Live, due in large part to its bicycling community, Outside Magazine.
- #37 out of the 50 best large cities in the United States, per Resonance Consultancy’s 2019 America’s Best Cities report.
- Visit Tucson Named 'Tourism Leader of the Year for 2019' by the Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association (AzLTA).
- #3 city in America for LGBTQ-friendly retirement, Top 20 Cities for LGBTQ Retirement in 2019, SeniorAdvice.com.
- #9 of "10 Best Bang-For-The-Buck Vacation Destinations" around the world, Fodor's Travel guidebooks, reported on Forbes.com.
Visit Tucson & Tucson Destination Marketing Awards
- Association Conventions & Facilities magazine - Distinctive Achievement Award, August/September 2017, September 2019,
- Cvent, Inc. - Top 50 Meeting Destinations in the United States - 2013 , 2015, 2016, 2017,
- Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine - Award of Excellence for service to meeting and incentive planners, selected by the subscribers - 1989, 1993, 1996-2001, 2005-2007, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Gold Service Award for Professionalism, Dedication and Service to Corporate and Association Meeting Planners - 1988, 1990-2017 (27 consecutive years in 2017)
- Successful Meetings Magazine, Pinnacle Award for Outstanding Destination Support Organization - 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000-2018 (20 consecutive years in 2018)
Anniversaries - Visit Tucson Partners
- Rialto Theatre marks 100 years in 2020 (August 29, 1920)
- Arizona Inn – 90th anniversary in 2020 (1930-2020)
- Main Gate Square-Marshall Foundation celebrates 90 years, since the first stores opened, in 2020.
- Fox Tucson Theatre reaches 90 years in 2020 (April 11, 1930)
For More Information, Contact:
Vice President of Communications & Tourism
1 (520) 770-2127
Director of Communications
1 (520) 770-2145