COVID-19 Visit Tucson Updates
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Travelers
Visit Tucson is committed to providing visitors with accurate information about traveling to our city safely. We are working with the City of Tucson, Pima County, the State of Arizona and local hotels, resorts, and tourism-related businesses to provide updates on how the coronavirus (COVID-19) has impacted travel to Tucson.
Governor Ducey allowed Arizona’s “Stay At Home” order to expire on May 15, 2020. While physical distancing measures are still in place and group gatherings are limited to no more than ten people, retail stores, restaurants, bars, pools and spas are able to open. Not every business is operating at full capacity, so it is important to check with individual businesses to confirm they are open and what steps they’ve taken to ensure cleanliness and safety, if this is a priority for you.
The Arizona Department of Health Services has provided guidance to a variety of business types including restaurants, malls and pools. For more information click here.
Traveling to Tucson? We understand lots of people are tired of being cooped up at home. For those of you who are anxious to hit the road, we welcome you to Free Yourself in our wide, open spaces. Find DEALS here.
Wishing you were in Tucson? We get it. For many of you it’s too soon to travel. Why not explore Tucson and southern Arizona from the comfort of your home? Find links to VIRTUAL TOURS here.
Pretending you’re in Tucson? If your days are anything like ours, you’re spending way too much time in online meetings. Surprise your colleagues and friends by taking that next meeting or zoom happy hour from Tucson. Find ZOOM BACKDROPS here.
Links to Additional Resources
Visitor Center Information
The Southern Arizona Heritage & Visitor Center (https://visitsouthernarizona.com/), 115 N. Church Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701, was temporarily closed March 15, 2020 and will remain closed until further notice.
- State of Arizona: https://arizonatogether.org
- Pima County Health Department: www.pima.gov/covid19
- City of Tucson: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/manager/covid-19-updates
- Town of Oro Valley: https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/covid19
- Town of Marana: https://www.maranaaz.gov/news-covid19-response
- Town of Sahuarita: https://sahuaritaaz.gov/871/COVID-19-Updates-Information
- State-level guidance and resources from the Arizona Department of Health Services: https://www.azdhs.gov
- State-level guidance on responsible recreation from the Arizona Office of Tourism: https://tourism.az.gov/responsible-recreation-across-arizona
- U.S. Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/covid19
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Business & Community Resources
- Tucson International Airport: Message for Passengers and COVID-19 Resources
- Tucson Metro Chamber: https://tucsonchamber.org/covid19
- Greater Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce: https://orovalleychamber.com/blog-page
- Downtown Tucson Partnership: https://www.downtowntucson.org/covid-19
- Fourth Avenue Merchants Association: https://fourthavenue.org/news
- Main Gate Square: https://www.maingatesquare.com/covid-19-updates
- Rio Nuevo: https://rionuevo.org
- Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: https://www.tucsonhispanicchamber.org/
- Green Valley/Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce: https://www.greenvalleysahuarita.com/
- Marana Chamber of Commerce: https://www.maranachamber.com
- Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance: https://tucsonattractions.com
- Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance: https://www.saaca.org/covid-19.html
- Community Foundation for Southern Arizona: https://cfsaz.org/covid19
Find help for high risk individuals and volunteer opportunities for those who are healthy and able to provide assistance: https://helpinghands.community
Meetings & Travel Industry Resources
- Arizona Office of Tourism: www.tourism.az.gov
- Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association: www.azlta.com/covid-19
- Meeting Professionals International: www.mpi.org/tools/coronavirus
- Professional Conference Management Association: www.pcma.org/coronavirus-business-events-professionals-need-to-know-faq
- US Travel Association: www.ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Technical information regarding event cancellations and hotel contracts, etc. from Hotel Sales & Marketing Association International: https://global.hsmai.org/insights/coronavirus-resources
- International Festivals & Events Association: https://conta.cc/3d6bLja
- AZ Job Connection: https://www.azjobconnection.gov
- Arizona tourism jobs: aztourismjobs.com
- Pima County Works: pimaworks.com
- Pipeline Arizona: https://covid19.pipelineaz.com
- Tucson jobs and advice: https://www.tucsontopia.com/jobs-tucson
Advice for Visitors Who Believe They May Have Contracted COVID-19
- Download the TMC Now app at www.tmcaz.com/tmc-now. The TMC Now (Tucson Medical Center) app (both Apple and Google apps available) gives customers 24/7 access to consultations with Arizona physicians via phone, video or mobile app visits. Use code “Spring20” to reduce the consultation cost to $20.
- Visit local urgent care facilities instead of going to hospitals. Check in online to lessen waits.
- Do not go to the emergency rooms at local hospitals unless you need emergency room care.
- Read the COVID-19 testing criteria at www.pima.gov/covid19.
- Call 1-800-222-1222. It is the Arizona poison and drug information hotline that is now serving also as a temporary COVID-19 hotline.